NYCDOE School Building Visitor Policy
In order to protect staff and students in DOE buildings, all visitors wishing to enter DOE buildings must show proof of having at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
Visiting the school must be on an emergency basis only, and in all other cases, parents/guardians are to communicate with school officials via the telephone, and/or through the computer.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is one of the following:
· A CDC Vaccination Card; a photo or photocopy is also acceptable.
· A NYC Vaccination Record or another official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
· NYC COVID Safe App on Android or iOS.
· Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus .
· DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal.
An acceptable COVID-19 vaccination includes one dose of any COVID-19 vaccine fully authorized or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Protocol for Visitors
Upon entry to a Department of Education building, a visitor must sign in and show photo identification, proof of vaccination, completion of health screening, and the visitor must be wearing a face covering.
Visitors must provide the following to gain entry to a NYCDOE Building:
Proof of Vaccination
Health Screening Clearance